Dublin City Count Centre – Dublin Bay South Bye-Election 2021
Hall 8C, Simmonscourt Pavillion, RDS, Dublin 4
Friday 09th July 2021
Issued on behalf of the Dublin City Returning Officer Mr Joseph Burke
Constituencies being counted at the Dublin City Count Centre:
· Dublin Bay South
- The count will be run in accordance with current public health guidelines
- Access to the RDS will be restricted to election staff, candidates, their agents and media
- Face masks will be mandatory inside the count centre
- Social distancing will be mandatory inside the count centre
- We will require a copy of your Covid 19 management plan by close of business on the 30th of June 2021 for our review, any queries raised regarding the plan must be answered by close of business on the 1st of July 2021.
On Count Day, Friday 09th July, there will be a designated entrance and area for pre registered media at the Count Centre.
Media ID and confirmation receipt of registration MUST be presented to secure admission. The Media entrance will open at 8.30am, 30 minutes before the count commences.
Arrangements for Media at the Dublin City Count Centre at Hall 8C Simmonscourt
Desks and chairs will be available in a socially distant configuration for media and will be allocated on registration.
Electricity will be supplied to the media area but it’s essential you bring extension cables, plugboards etc if you believe you will need them.
If phone or ISDN lines are required they should be booked in advance: Contact Ablecom on 01 2963738 (Free Wifi is available, but is suitable for light use only.)
Advance Set Up arrangements – for OB units etc:
OB units must be positioned in consultation with the RDS. Contact info available on request. Cables must not obstruct doors to the count hall in any way as the Count Centre must be securely closed and sealed.
Broadcast platforms can only be constructed in consultation with the organisers. A site visit can be arranged by request. Platforms must be completed by 2pm on Thursday the 8th of July 2021.
Results will be announced in the Dublin City Count Centre by the Returning Officer Mr Joseph Burke.